December 8, 2008

do you believe?

This is the question my {8 year old} daughter asked me last night...do you believe in Santa? As I swallowed the giant lump in my throat, I answered the question I have been dreading since becoming a parent- "Of course!"
Turns out she is the only one in her third grade class who still believes.
"My friends say your parents just buy the presents and put it all under the tree," she explains. I assure her that is just silly...only Santa can take on such a job. She agrees without any doubt - and I am so happy to know that she has not given in to the evil pressures of third grade! Ahhh- I can savor at least one more year of creating magical memories for my children.
That is when Miss Hannah {who is amazingly clever} states- "This year, I will know Santa is real if there is a Nintendo Wii under the tree because you and daddy would never buy that for me!"
Okay, so maybe LAST year was my last year of creating magical memories!

1 comment:

have a lovely said...

again I will say...I am most proud of Miss Hannah for being the last one {and know it} and still believe...she's a strong one like her momma!