May 26, 2008

in need of some TLC

Oh, my poor, poor topiary....she was sent away to the in-laws for the winter {not very good lighting at my place} and arrived today looking like this! My very kind father-in-law has been blessed with a green thumb, however, I do not think he caught on to the idea of "shaping" the ivy around the wire! I was able to wrap all those branches back around and up the wire. I must say it looks so much better than when it first arrived today...hopefully with a little more TLC, she will be as good as new!

2 comments:

have a lovely said...

oh my my my!! Check out those legs!!! :) Looks like my creeping Jenni when I sent it to your house!

paisley peacock said...

Ummm...your creeping jenni was dead when you sent it my way missy! those guys at urban garden would not be happy with me if they saw my ivy now!!