April 14, 2009

sole searching...

Yes...I am on a mission to place some of my most prized possessions on display in a neatly, organized matter. My shoes are in desperate need of a new home. I am afraid to even show {or tell} you their current living quarters. Someone should take my shoes away from me.

How do you store and organize your pretties? How many shoes do you have to work with?

Help a girl out...
Here are my guidelines for organizing:
1. needs to be in my closet
2. would like easily accessible {open} storage...so I can see all of them!
3. needs to be on the floor

{eye candy/vogue}

2 comments:

have a lovely said...

i kinda think the picture above is a perfectly creative example of merchandising...i mean organizing beautifully!! if you can spare a few inches {about the width of a shoe box} you should have the hanging organization like I have in our closet {it hangs from the clothes bar all the way to the floor...each pair gets a "cubby" ....i know how you currently keep yours shoes and yes...if they fit me i would report you and offer to be their foster parent!

Anonymous said...

I have tiered shoe racks in every closet of my house. I have a lot of closets, thankfully. And I have a few pairs by the front door (everyday work sneakers, running shoes, crocks, and a favorite pair of flip flops to run out to the garbage or check the mail in).

I own 150 pairs of shoes (its a disease I think) so strategic placement and categories are an absolute must. One closet is super fancy shoes and boots. Another is all heels. Another is flats. And another is cleats, sneakers, flip-flops, etc. Each closet is then sub-divided by colors.

Now if only my bills were this organized!

(PS found your blog through "have a lovely" and since I went to med school with your hubby and was one of his lab partners way back when, I started reading! The kids are beautiful as always! Glad to see you and your family are doing well!)