February 7, 2009

oh baby!

Last weekend, I had the honor of attending a baby shower for my momma-to-be friend {shown front & center}. We go way back to the days of junior high, so it was so nice to catch up and see everyone from back home.

But what I really wanted to share with was this super, fun game that we played. I know some people do not enjoy playing games at baby showers or bridal showers, but I am all about 'em! But maybe that is just because I am so good at them. But at some point, we all have or will throw a shower for someone...so here is a fun idea you can have on hand!

First, everyone gets a paper plate and pen {pretty cheap game!}. Next, you make all of the guests look like fools by placing the plates on their heads...as you can see how silly I look in the middle here. Now- the fun starts! Everyone puts their artistic skills to use and draws a baby while the plate is on the top of their head...tricky!

Ahhhh....the outcome is so good. Some look like absolutely nothing at all. Others look like my eight-year-old daughter drew them. The above plate is mine. I am actually pretty proud of it and with good reason. The bottom swirly on this babe was intended to be a belly button but it turns out the baby is going to be a boy- so it makes my drawing even better! {just so you all know!!}

{Yes, I would like to let you all know, I was the winner}

thanks to janie bird for the photos!

1 comment:

have a lovely said...

very cute! i've not heard of this one before...we played one at the baby shower i helped host the other day that was really cute too...you make a list of characteristics {physical and personality} and the players guess if the child will inherit them from mom or dad...the one with the answers closest the mom's wins!